Applications for admission to the CYMT are considered on a rolling basis pending space available, so early submission of application materials is strongly encouraged. The number of graduate residents is limited to the number of available partner churches each year. Admission is highly competitive with an average of 20-24 graduate residents being selected. Applicants will be notified of a decision according to the application decision table below.
Steps to Apply for Graduate Residency
The following is step-by-step instructions for the application process for the CYMT program. Please be sure you have reviewed Graduate Resident expectations.
To complete the application process, applicants to the graduate residency must submit the following:
- Complete CYMT online application. The application tool allows you to save your application and come back to it.
- Submit Current photo. You will upload a current photo as a part of the online application which is required for the application t0 Memphis Theological Seminary and CYMT.
- 3 Letters of recommendation — from a pastor or youth minister, someone who has observed you working with youth, and a professor. If you have been away from formal academic studies for seven years or more, you may select someone who can evaluate your academic potential, professional accomplishments, and speak to your ability to do graduate work. A recommendation request email generator is available in the application tool that will link them to the online recommendation form. If your reference loses their recommendation email request or is having trouble, they can fill out a reference for you using our online application system.
- Application Fee
The non-refundable application fee is $50. You may submit your application fee online or mail it in. Your application will not be considered until your application fee has been received.
- One copy of all official transcripts from ALL the applicant’s previous colleges or universities mailed to CYMT.
- CYMT Background Check and Motor Vehicle Record Check Authorization and Release Form— Per CYMT policy, all admissions are issued pending our receipt and approval of the results of the applicant’s background check and motor vehicle record check, which will be conducted by the CYMT on behalf of the applicant. Download form here (mail or email signed copy)
- Proof of Auto and Health Insurance — All applicants have to provide proof of health and auto. Simply make a copy of your insurance cards and mail in. It is a requirement that you maintain both policies the entire time you are an intern with CYMT. If you need help securing affordable health insurance, CYMT can recommend the names of some companies. (mail or email copies)
Items 5-7 and your application fee if not paid online should be mailed to:
|CYMT - Admissions Office
309 Franklin Road
Brentwood, TN 37027
For questions regarding the application process, please contact us at 615-823-7595 or via e-mail email@example.com.
Application Decision Period
The review of completed application files for fall will begin November 1. The decision communication calendar by round is presented below. Please keep in mind that admission decisions are communicated on a rolling basis.
|Round||If application file completed by||Admission decision will be mailed on or before:|
|1||November 15||February 1|
|2||January 15||March 30|
|3||March 15||April 15|
|4||Application files completed after March 1 through application completion deadline of May 15 will be considered space permitting. Note: With opening of 2nd Region, we still have placements available.||Ongoing as space permits|
|Training Only Candidates|
|5||June 15||July 1|
Once all of your application materials are received, they will be reviewed. If you are selected to continue the process, the CYMT staff will set up a phone interview with each applicant. The top applicants will be invited for a second interview for acceptance to the graduate residency program.
|Top Applicant Interview Dates|
|Round 1||Second Week of December|
|Round 2||Last Week of January|
|Round 3||Last Week of March|
After You are Accepted
After you are accepted, residents in the placement program will be required sing a Graduate Residency Agreement and to pay a $250 non-refundable deposit to hold your space in the incoming CYMT class. This deposit will be applied to your resident’s fee ($1500) which will leave $1250 due on June 15. You will receive a “What to Expect” Packet to prepare for CYMT including information about the placement process and classes.